[mythtv-users] Help needed for scripted recordings

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:55:25 UTC 2020

On 3/30/20 2:15 PM, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> As I understand it mythfrontend communicates with mythbackend with the
> so-called mythprotocol, while the ServicesAPI is implemented as a HTTP
> webserver on the same mythbackend. This suggests that the frontend, via the
> mythprotocol, does something different than the ServicesAPI.
> This definitely needs some thinking, it might even be necessary to
> understand what the code is actually doing.... which is usually not need to
> fix crashes. Just find the null pointer....

The DeleteRecording endpoint: https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/services/dvr.cpp#n315

may end up here: https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/mainserver.cpp#n1321

But there's another place in mainserver that handles the DELETE_RECORDING message. The other one's:
https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/mainserver.cpp#n635

Looks like mythprotocol to me.

Good news that it happens from the combined FE.

When I tried the test, the 1st use of Dvr/DeleteRecording always worked and
the next <n> always failed because the recording was successfully deleted.

--
Bill