[mythtv-users] Help needed for scripted recordings

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 22:25:56 UTC 2020

On 3/29/20 5:01 PM, Klaas de Waal wrote:

.

> Hi Bill,
>
> I got a hacked version of vcr.py now running in the way I want it.
> What I do now is to start the recording with second accuracy instead of
> minute accuracy by effectively removing the code that forces the seconds
> field to be zero.
> This is only in the code that uses UTC time when the specified time is in
> the past. So I do specify a time in the past and that works OK.
> I can now create a recording that starts immediately instead of on the next
> minute and this then enables waiting a number of seconds before deleting.
> I also hard-coded the delays for the time being.
> A bit strange is that the backend has not yet crashed with all this
> testing... but that is for another day.
>
> Thanks!
> Klaas.

I was reading the ticket a back on the 27th and noticed that deleting remotely was
part of it: "The program is deleted from the frontend on a separate machine".

Using the API, even remotely still sends the delete request to the backend. Don't
know if that's important - just thought I'd mention it.

--
Bill