[mythtv-users] XMLTV and mythfilldatabase

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 23:41:05 UTC 2020

On 3/26/20 5:57 PM, Jack McGee wrote:

> On 3/26/20 2:18 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
>> On 3/26/20 1:57 PM, Jack McGee wrote:
>>> OK, I don't understand.
>>>
>>> mythtvsetup on backend:
>>>
>>> I deleted the VideoSource. Created a new one.
>>>
>>> I go into Input connections, set each to that new source, and click fetch listings from lisitings source.
>>>
>>> Says it may take a long time. how much time.  I never see any changes in that screen after I click that.
>>
>> You can type: watch ls -l /tmp/myth??????. It should be growing. Control-c to exit.
>>
>> I don't remember how long my 1st download lasted.
>>

> that maybe a clue. I don't have that directory:

To be clear, the file, not directory, only exists while the grabber is running.

Don't know if you mean that the original command is still running, which would
seem too long.

You could run mythfilldatabase with -v system . You'll see the actual command that's run
(and you can run that command directly from the command line.)

An example would be:

    tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --config-file '/home/mythuser/.mythtv/antenna_xmltv.xmltv' --output /tmp/myth123456

In the above, I dropped the --quiet option. The output may yield a clue.

--
Bill