[mythtv-users] error during upgrade from V30 to V31

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 21:03:22 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 4:51 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/23/20 11:26 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
> > I changed the /etc/apt/sources file for v31 and did an upgrade.  Seemed
> to work except for this error:
> > Setting up mythtv-database
> (2:31.0+fixes.202003211014.76fedd7~ubuntu18.04.1) ...
> >
> > Configuration file '/etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database'
> >   ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
> >   ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
> >     What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
> >      Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
> >      N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
> >        D     : show the differences between the versions
> >        Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
> >   The default action is to keep your current version.
> > *** mythtv-database (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? Y
> > Installing new version of config file /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database
> > Failed to create or modify database (incorrect admin username/password?)
> > Try:
> > sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
> > I selected Y and then did the suggested dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
> > but got the same error.
>
> Unfortunately, that error test fires in three places. None of which I've
> been
> able to cause.
>
> I did:
>
>    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/31
>    sudo apt update
>    sudo apt upgrade
>
> Also:
>
>    sudo apt purge mythtv-common libmythtv-perl php-mythtv
>    sudo apt install mythtv
>
> Do you have any other details about what you did?
>
>  From the root SQL user, please paste the output of:
>
>    SELECT User,Host,plugin,authentication_string FROM user WHERE
> User='mythtv';
>
> (you can scribble the authentication_string if you like.)
>
> --
> Bill

I seem to have a syntax problem:

 jim at mythbuntu:~$ sudo mysql -u root mythconverg

Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 644
Server version: 10.0.36-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 Ubuntu 16.04

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

MariaDB [mythconverg]>  SELECT User,Host,plugin,authentication_string FROM
user WHERE User='mythtv';
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'mythconverg.user' doesn't exist
MariaDB [mythconverg]>