[mythtv-users] Version 30 bugs

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Fri Mar 20 15:01:31 UTC 2020

I recently upgraded my Fedora system and with it MythTV from 29 to 30.
Two things are broken.  The first is that  FF/REW will crash the
frontend if I'm not careful with it (press the buttons too fast,
especially reversing while going fast, sticky keys on). The other is
mythcommflag.  It seems to hang on certain shows, no errors, no crash,
just never finishes.  Then, other shows don't get done (I guess) due to
the one that's hung.  I just found about 8 processes sitting there, the
oldest was three days old.  (I got about 4G of RAM back when I killed them).

Anyone heard of these?  One thing I've thought about is the fact that
I've been upgrading Myth over quite a few versions (don't remember when
I started, but maybe 18-is?) and I've never started from scratch.  Might
there be old settings hanging around in my database that are
incompatible with the new versions?  (FF/REW got really crapping in V29,
BTW.  Tends to over/undershoot by 20-30 seconds when I go back to play,
and I have to use it a lot because commercial flagging also degraded.)

Any way, I thought I might just dump the database and start over. If I
do that, can I import all of my recordings and get all the info back?
Will I loose all the previous recordings info or can that be imported,
too?  Is there a page with a procedure I can follow?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Dave D.