[mythtv-users] Rescanned OTA channels and Lost most of them

R Kannan rk111810 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 22:07:33 UTC 2020

> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 17:40:29 -0700
> From: Allen Edwards<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Rescanned OTA channels and Lost most of
> 	them
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 3:42 PM R Kannan<rk111810 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> There was an announcement on some OTA channels in my area (Detroit, MI)
>> that the frequencies are changing and asked everyone to rescan.
>>
>> So I rescanned on my MythTV box and did 'Update All' old channels and
>> 'Insert All' new channels. Now most of the channels are gone and
>> mythfilldatabase is not able to get the program data from Schedules
>> Direct. What now? Did I miss something?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

> I successfully rescanned selected channels:
> 1) Delete the old channels using mythweb
> 2) Scan the desired channels
> 3) Edit using mythweb to keep the ones you want.
>
> Not knowing what you did but my guess you need to delete all the old
> channels first.
>
> Allen
Thanks for the help. I deleted all channels and rescanned again. I lost
one multiplex of 3 channels but other channels came through.
Interestingly this was one of the channels where the frequecies were not
changed and was retained the last time I did the scanning. Perhaps the
signal was weak and it did not pick up while scanning.

All my scheduled recordings are in order and it seems to record
correctly. But when I go to 'Watch Live TV' , it flashes for a second
but does not show live TV. I wonder if it is trying to tine to the last
channel that I watched which was deleted.