[mythtv-users] Rescanned OTA channels and Lost most of them

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:21:09 UTC 2020

This thread seems to be top post so I am going to continue that as I don't
want to unscramble it.

I checked my listings and did not have some of the later dates. I ran
mythfilldatabase and it filled to 3/31 which I think is correct. I have had
intermittent internet so that may be the cause of the initial missing
listings, I don't know. But in any case they are there now. A few are
showing no data but checking Schedules Direct I see that I either have them
crossed out or there is no channel listed there. I don't watch those
channels anyway so will fix it some day, probably after phase 9 is
complete.

I guess I need to keep an eye on my listings and make sure they are being
updated automatically and watch this thread so see if there is an issue.
Note that I did not do full scans. I only scanned the channels that had
moved. My plan for the next phase is this.

Delete        Scan Plan
4.1             7
7.1             12-13
11.1            21
11.2            28
18.1
20.1
28.1
32.1
44.1
48.3
48.4

Allen

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:03 AM Peter Jacobs <jacobs.pj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to set up my Myth system (after a long hiatus) with the
> latest version. Complete rebuild, of software.   I have the same issue.  At
> one point I had OTA program schedule for one group of channels (single
> freq.) but even that isn't working now.  Schedules Direct doesn't update
> anything when I run mythfilldatabase, but it runs.
>

> Peter Jacobs
> Baileys Harbor Wisconsin
>

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 12:49 PM Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am having the same issue, had a station change frequency and I deleted
>> and rescanned and all of the channels are available but I am getting no
>> guide data from schedules dorect. I really would like to know what is the
>> proper way to update channels when a frequency has changed and how to keep
>> the guide data intact, right now all mine say no information available,
>> sigh.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2020, 7:41 PM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I successfully rescanned selected channels:
>>> 1) Delete the old channels using mythweb
>>> 2) Scan the desired channels