[mythtv-users] hash

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Sun Mar 15 05:21:43 UTC 2020

Hi

we have a feature that I think is silly, over the years has on many occasions caused me great grief. Not to list identical hash files more than once. (scan fails to find a file)

The chance of two unrelated files having the same hash is a million to one. Terry Pratchtte wrote
'the chance of a million-to-one event happening is 9-in-10'

 After yet another hour long session I decided to remove that 'feature;. Alas it is not so simple.

Someone put

        // I deleted the incorrect SQL select that was supposed to get
        // host name from ip address. Since it cannot work and has
        // been there 6 years I assume it is not important.

in the code right where the hash is gathered.
If they (or anybody else) can say a line or two I'd appreciate it lots. I want to totally disable the hash mechanism.

Please no kind words saying 'you really don't want to do that'

Thanks
James