[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend on Shield TV -bluetooth audio?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 18:05:07 UTC 2020

On 3/14/20 1:49 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 3/14/20 11:30 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> I paired my bluetooth headset to my Shield TV and was playing Netflix
>> without issues.
>>
>> Then I had the brilliant idea to try mythfrontend v31-pre539 which
>> works with my v30 backend. The audio was broken, jumpy and distorted
>> on the BT headset and the video was also jerky. If I turn off the BT
>> headset to unpair, normal AV receiver audio is back.
>>
>> Is what I want to do even possible with Shield TV or FIreTV 4k? They
>> both do Netflix and Youtube.tv fine on bluetooth headsets.
>>
>> Jim A
>>

> Did you try both audio methods in myth frontend (OpenSLES and
> AudioTrack)? One may work better than the other in this case. Also you
> may try disabling digital audio in myth frontend setup.

So I went to the Shield settings and turning off surround, then in
Mythfrontend I turned off any digital audio feature. Then tried OpenSLES
which still has issues and then Audio Track.  So for Mythfrontend on
Shield TV:

AudioTrack, Digital audio off, Stereo, and Shield Surround off.

This setting also works with Leanfront.

Jim A