[mythtv-users] Mux-shifting. DVB-T retune

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 17:26:59 UTC 2020

On 14/03/2020 15:18, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 14/03/2020 13:14, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 14/03/2020 12:25, Klaas de Waal wrote:
>>>

>>> On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 at 12:04, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com
>>> <mailto:johnpilk222 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     On 04/03/2020 14:48, John Pilkington wrote:
>>>
>>>       >
>>>       > The DVB-T/T2 scans did not find the new QAM-256 transports
>>>       > automatically, and a full scan looked as if it would take a long
>>>     time.
>>>       > I'm afraid I let the TV tell me the new frequencies.
>>>       >
>>>       > "700 Mhz clearance"  ->  DVB-T2 now on 586, 746 and 754 MHz
>>>       >
>>>
>>>     I have a new problem with DVB-T2 and last night's master,
>>> 2e9f884.  I'm
>>>     not sure when it started.
>>>
>>>     After last week's retune I had 3 DVB-T2 transports, with channels.
>>>     Their frequencies are quoted above.  In current scans only two are
>>>     populated.  746 MHz gives no channels. VLC, also using the MyGica
>>> 230
>>>     tuner, has the same problem with just that mux.
>>>
>>>     My TV finds and plays these channels. One is BBC NEWS HD.
>>>
>>>     There's a new commit, 405e049, that may affect this.  I'll start a
>>>     build.
>>>
>>> When VLC also has problems there might have been something changed in
>>> the multiplex.
>>> You could try with the "Complete scan data required" option unchecked
>>> (by default it is checked).
>>> A complete log of the scan, capturing the terminal output of
>>> mythtv-setup like this:
>>>
>>> mythtv-setup -v chanscan,channel,record --loglevel=debug 2>&1 | tee
>>> ms-20200314-1321.log
>>>
>>> is what I need to figure out what is happening. This will be too big
>>> for the mailing list but it can be sent to me directly.
>>>
>>> BTW the latest commit changes the numbering scheme for duplicate
>>> channels. It will not influence the scanning itself.
>>>
>>> Klaas.
>>
>> I have the new build and will experiment soon.  I forgot to say that
>> the scans reported No Lock, with all the options I tried.
>>
>> There are political moves to stop open access in the future.  May be
>> ominous.
>>
> Hope this helps
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SW5c-KbgpghSSvqhs5walkD6-MLJ13Zs

It probably won't, because it didn't get lock on the transport giving
the problem.

So I tried a frequency offset. and got lock with 746.1 MHz.  It saw
channels but apparently didn't update the DB (probably because I had
cheated by editing another transport with the wrong transportid).

Deleted and created a new transport at 746166000 Hz, and one more 'all
transports' scan looks OK.

I suppose a full scan might have been quicker.  I haven't dared to look
at the chanids :-)