[mythtv-users] Mux-shifting. DVB-T retune

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 12:25:11 UTC 2020

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 at 12:04, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/03/2020 14:48, John Pilkington wrote:
>
>  >
>  > The DVB-T/T2 scans did not find the new QAM-256 transports
>  > automatically, and a full scan looked as if it would take a long time.
>  > I'm afraid I let the TV tell me the new frequencies.
>  >
>  > "700 Mhz clearance"  ->  DVB-T2 now on 586, 746 and 754 MHz
>  >

> I have a new problem with DVB-T2 and last night's master, 2e9f884.  I'm
> not sure when it started.
>
> After last week's retune I had 3 DVB-T2 transports, with channels.
> Their frequencies are quoted above.  In current scans only two are
> populated.  746 MHz gives no channels. VLC, also using the MyGica 230
> tuner, has the same problem with just that mux.
>
> My TV finds and plays these channels. One is BBC NEWS HD.
>
> There's a new commit, 405e049, that may affect this.  I'll start a build.
>
> When VLC also has problems there might have been something changed in the
multiplex.
You could try with the "Complete scan data required" option unchecked (by
default it is checked).
A complete log of the scan, capturing the terminal output of mythtv-setup
like this:

mythtv-setup -v chanscan,channel,record --loglevel=debug 2>&1 | tee
ms-20200314-1321.log

is what I need to figure out what is happening. This will be too big for
the mailing list but it can be sent to me directly.

BTW the latest commit changes the numbering scheme for duplicate channels.
It will not influence the scanning itself.

Klaas.