[mythtv-users] Repack woes - 2nd source not finding new channels...but HDHomerun does

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 02:00:30 UTC 2020

North American channel repack. MythTV 29-fixes.

Two stations changed frequency today. I have two HDHomeruns, each connected
to its own antenna (long story).

I ran mythtv-setup. Went into Input Connections and set the scan range for
the first station. 31-31. It found the channel and its subchannels.

Rinse and repeat with channel 34. Found the channels. I exited and went to
run the scan on the second input. Channel 31...no new channels found,
though it shows the signal strength is good, it also says no lock. Same for
channel 34.

So now I only have the channels on one input connection instead of the
previous two. Running an HDHomerun utility, I see that, in CB parlance,
both channels are "wall to wall and treetop tall" on both HDHomeruns. So
why would MythTV only be finding them on one input?

Should I run full range scans on both connections again?