[mythtv-users] MariaDB and QtSql (Gentoo)

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:21:51 UTC 2020

I'm in the process of converting the Gentoo system I'm on now from
MySQL 5.7 to MariaDB 10.3. I'm hoping to do the same at some point for
my MythTV systems.

I'm running into a lot of confusion in terms of the mysql-connector-c
and the mariadb-connector-c packages. Most notably, it appears that
dev-qt/qtsql with the mysql USE flag enabled has a hard dependency
specifically on mysql-connector-c.

I'm assuming that MythTV uses QtSql for database access(?). I'm
confused as to whether or not this would work with MariaDB. Is anyone
currently using MariaDB under Gentoo? If not, does anyone know whether
or not QtSql needs to be expressly compiled for MariaDB?

Thanks in advance.
Tom