[mythtv-users] Remote recorder advice

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Mar 10 02:55:45 UTC 2020

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 22:02:04 +0000, you wrote:

>My second thought is to set up some form of IPTV streaming for my PCI cards and use a network capture card for my recording. Is there support for using wake-on-lan to wake up network capture cards? Has anyone got any recommendations for what software to use to stream DVB-T and DVB-S over my local network?

It is possible to use minisatip or TVHeadend to turn tuners into IPTV
tuners, but unfortunately MythTV is unable to scan IPTV tuners for
channels.  So you have to have some way of creating and maintaining
the IPTV channel list.  I do this for my DVB-S tuners using minisatip
and SAT>IP protocol, but not having channel scanning is a serious
problem.  I manually adjust channels in the database when things
change.

I have never used wake-on-lan in real life, but it does work if you
set it up right.  It can be fiddly to set up, and some LAN cards are
better than others.  How reliable it is I do not know.