[mythtv-users] EPG stopped working on some channels

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 12:09:12 UTC 2020

On Sun, 8 Mar 2020 at 10:44, Alexander Puchmayr <
alexander.puchmayr at linznet.at> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Last week suddenly some of my channels have stopped working with EPG, they
> don't record anything anymore and the program list is empty. I've no idea
> why,
> because I did't change a thing (really, I did't even login to the box
> running
> the mythtv server), and the "real" TV set using the same cable TV signal
> still
> shows EPG on the affected channels.
>
> What logs do I have to turn on to get useful information without getting
> several GB of logs per day?
>
> NB: Teletext/Subtitles also stopped working on these channels.
>
> Most likely cause is that your provider changed something in what is
broadcast.
Real TV's sometimes can accommodate small changes and that is probably why
your TV is still working.
MythTV does not do that, it uses the channel list as found by mythtv-setup.
I suggest to do a channel scan with mythtv-setup.

Success!
Klaas.