[mythtv-users] LiveTV playback spontaneously stops on latest v31/fixes

Tim Pletcher pletchtd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 01:03:27 UTC 2020

> Been digging into this further and this isn't actually related to the
latest fixes at all.

For some unknown reason, the task HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'  was running
repeatedly about every minute or so.  I have known for some time that I
have an issue in that when mythfilldatabase runs, it causes any LiveTV
stream to a frontend machine to drop. I can even manually recreate the
problem by starting LiveTV on either a frontend and then forcing a
mythfilldatabase run in a terminal window on the backend.  Right at the
point mythfilldatabase finishes, the stream drops.  A workaround for me is
to force mythfilldatabase to run in the wee hours of the morning when no
one is watching television but this obviously doesn't work if the job runs
while i am actively trying to watch LiveTV.

Any insight on why running mythfilldatabase would cause the LiveTV streams
to die?  Mythfilldatabase doesn't throw any errors and I don't find
anything in the logs that provide clues in how to troubleshoot what might
be going on. I am using the tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite grabber and am on the
latest master version of xmltv.

-Tim