[mythtv-users] Mux-shifting. DVB-T retune

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:15:25 UTC 2020

On 05/03/2020 10:42, John Pilkington wrote:

  After the retune the 'chanid' part of the
> filename for new recordings on some channels now has no obvious
> relationship to the 'public' logical channel number, or to the channel
> scanning log.  For example, Channel 4 used to be 10004 and is now 44054.
>
> I know this link has not been guaranteed in the past and has been broken
> when individual channels have moved, but now it's widespread.  A quick
> search hasn't found much, although I remember parts of earlier threads
> about it.  Can I do some sort of reset, or am I stuck with the new numbers?

I've just noticed that a helpful reply about this came off-list.

'Delete all video sources' does it, but also deletes all Transports and
Channels.  Scanning didn't work for me with Transports defined in an
empty list by the Editor, so starting a 'Full scan' was needed
initially.  Inter-Transport links can be exploited later, and can help
if you receive from more than one transmitter.

This shows what is going on.  Direct manipulation of the DB is discouraged.

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select chanid, sourceid, channum, name from
channel order by chanid ;