[mythtv-users] Mux-shifting. DVB-T retune

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 10:42:52 UTC 2020

On 04/03/2020 14:48, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 04/03/2020 13:39, Klaas de Waal wrote:
>>

>> If you still have the log of mythtv-setup then please send it, maybe
>> it gives new insights in the actual behavior of the channels scanner.
>> Logs created with the "-v chanscan" option are the most useful.
>>
>> In the meantime, deleting all channels and scanning again is a good
>> strategy because, new in v31, the deleted channels are kept alive in
>> the twilight zone so that all existing recordings can be shown with
>> the channel name.
>> What you lose with deleting and creating the channels is the manually
>> added information such as xmltvid, visible or not, and changes to
>> callsigns and channel names.
>>
>> Klaas.

Hi Klaas (or others):  After the retune the 'chanid' part of the
filename for new recordings on some channels now has no obvious
relationship to the 'public' logical channel number, or to the channel
scanning log.  For example, Channel 4 used to be 10004 and is now 44054.

I know this link has not been guaranteed in the past and has been broken
when individual channels have moved, but now it's widespread.  A quick
search hasn't found much, although I remember parts of earlier threads
about it.  Can I do some sort of reset, or am I stuck with the new numbers?

Cheers,

John