[mythtv-users] Fixes to leanfront

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:56:09 UTC 2020

> On Mar 4, 2020, at 4:02 PM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 3/4/20 3:52 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
>> I never see the --(undetermined) anytime. I shows what was the end time at some point; maybe not the real end time.
> This seems to indicate you may not be using v0-108. Please go into the shield setup, apps and view the version number of leanfront to make sure.
>> My frontend is a Nivida Shield TV and my backend is an old Core i7 with Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD PCIe card. The recordings are all OTA ATSC USA HD programming.
>>
>> As to speedup, not sure what that is so I hope I'm not accidentally using it.
>>
> Little speedometer icons on the OSD. If they are not showing you have an old version.
>> I can setup a test session on a FireTV 4K stick to see what happens as well.
>>
>> I can also use my V31 backend on my development system. It has a HDHR Connect Duo as a tuner.
>> I'll let you know.
>> Jim A

So I am using 108. The Shield Setup -> Apps -> Mythtv Leanback Frontend is version v0-108-gb439561.

I did another test.  I started the 4pm news as a recording using Mythweb on my v31 system with a HDHR tuner. I then went to the Shield around 10 after 4.  When I started viewing it would show current position time with 9:40 as the end time. I used the select button to check it a few more times prior to 9:40. While the timeline shows, I hit return to remove the timeline from the screen.

When the playing timeline reached 9:40 there was a quick pause and then the recording playback continued.  If I pressed select after this point I’d see the playing timeline with “—“ as the end time as you mentioned. I could also move forward to skip a commercial at which time the end time was updated to the current end time.

However, I watched the news without any buttons being press until it reached that new end time and the screen paused (froze) with the timeline showing. The time was a few seconds past the previous end time.  If I press right or left it will play again.  If I hit select it exits back to the menu for that video.

I’ll try this is a few minutes with v30 on a Hauppauge WinTV Quad tuner.

Jim A