[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Mythfrontend freezing and VDPAU?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:23:57 UTC 2020

> I just put those 2 (with some extra checking) eg:
>>

> #!/bin/bash
> while true ; do
>     systemctl isolate multi-user.target
>     if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
>         systemctl isolate graphical.target
>         exit 0
>     fi
>     sleep 1
> done
>
> (something along those lines - untested)
> Put in a script and call the script from irexec
>

>> Allen

I tested the script suggested and found two problems.
1) I need to call my script with sudo. I don't know how to do that but if
it works on the next myth lockup I assume I can figure it out or ask for
help.
2) I had to change one line so the script is now
#!/bin/bash
         while [  true  ]; do
                systemctl isolate multi-user.target
                if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
                     systemctl isolate graphical.target
                     exit 0
                fi
                sleep 1
         done

I obviously cannot test it from the local terminal but it works fine from
my desktop upstairs. My plan is to try this the next time that myth hangs
up so I can confirm that it works under the actual locked conditions. My
fear is that it is the video card itself that is hung and that this will
not clear it.

Putting it in a button should be easy but not sure about the permissions
part.

Allen