[mythtv-users] MythTV 31 and DVB-C/T/T2 cards

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:56:15 UTC 2020

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 at 12:08, Stephan Seitz <stse+mythtv at rootsland.net>
wrote:

> On Di, Mär 03, 2020 at 23:26:48 +0100, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> >This does sound like a bug so please create a ticket for this on
> >https://code.mythtv.org/trac.
>
> Hm, how do I do that? I don’t have a githup account, and it seems the
> only way.
>
> >The content of database table dtv_multiplex is interesting; please add
> this
> >to the ticket.
> >The output of mysql command "select * from dtv_multiplex;" is good enough.
>
> I have attached the output.
>

> Yes, I can reproduce the problem; when I change the mod_sys field of a
DVB-C multiplex to 'DVB-T' I do get the same error from the backend.

If you do not want to do a new scan then you can fix your system by
changing mod_sys to 'DVB-C/A' with the following statement:
MariaDB [mythconverg]> update dtv_multiplex set mod_sys='DVB-C/A' where
sourceid=2 and symbolrate=6900000;
Of course, modifying the database directly does have some risks. Caveat
emptor, no guarantees.

The more interesting question is how your database came in this state and
if this is likely to happen to other users.
Possibly a service scan with mythtv-setup v30 with a DVB-T/T2 tuner
connected to the cable videosource can do this.

Klaas.