[mythtv-users] Mux-shifting. DVB-T retune

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:48:25 UTC 2020

On 04/03/2020 13:39, Klaas de Waal wrote:

> If you still have the log of mythtv-setup then please send it, maybe it
> gives new insights in the actual behavior of the channels scanner.
> Logs created with the "-v chanscan" option are the most useful.
>
> In the meantime, deleting all channels and scanning again is a good
> strategy because, new in v31, the deleted channels are kept alive in the
> twilight zone so that all existing recordings can be shown with the
> channel name.
> What you lose with deleting and creating the channels is the manually
> added information such as xmltvid, visible or not, and changes to
> callsigns and channel names.
>
> Klaas.

Hi Klaas:  This is what I can recover.  I didn't use the chanscan
option, but there is one section with the confused channel numbers.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yNFtct_jA6D_hLVskjxbCSQ9D22zCdpj

The DVB-T/T2 scans did not find the new QAM-256 transports
automatically, and a full scan looked as if it would take a long time.
I'm afraid I let the TV tell me the new frequencies.

"700 Mhz clearance"  ->  DVB-T2 now on 586, 746 and 754 MHz

John