[mythtv-users] 'Recording Rule does not exist' - new problem. Ubuntu 18.04 Mythtv 31

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 29 11:01:12 UTC 2020

On 06/27/2020 11:22 AM, plainface boy wrote:
> Hi - I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 and Mythtv 31 (fresh install), previous versions working fine and 31 no different. I've got 100's of 'recordings' and 'videos' going gack around 10 years.
>
> Just recently I seem to have lost the recording schedule info for most of my recordings. When I hit E, or use M and edit recording schedule I get a 'recording rule does not exist' message.
> I can edit the metadata, but not the recording rule. This seems to means that I cannot edit the covers, or fanart if I want to.
>
> I've not been through them all, but it looks like the oldest recordings (pre 2013) still have the recording info in, but as far as I can tell nothing since. All the videos are of course fine and I can edit artwork as normal. In the recordings screen, they all still show the recording date, and artwork is still present.
>
> I've tried restoring to the oldest database backup I have (about a month ago) when I'm pretty sure everything was working, but I still have the issue.
>
> Does anyone know why this might have happened?
> I've done a few updates recently - might they be the cause?
> I would like to fix this if I can, so any help greatly appreciated.

Recording does not exist doesn't mean that the information about the
recording is not in the database.  It means that the recording itself
(the file) is missing/inaccessible.  This is usually due to file system
permissions or missing file system mounts (i.e. with network file
systems) or files in the wrong location/directory compared to those
specified in your Storage Groups or, potentially, because of changed
host names of your MythTV backend systems.

Mike