[mythtv-users] Repairing corrupt recordings with dd

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Tue Jun 23 14:21:33 UTC 2020

A while back (few weeks?) someone posted info about a technique to strip
the first few megabytes from the beginning of a recording using dd.  It
involved a discussion about the new video rendering system crashing the
frontend (or casing decoder errors) on recordings where the format
changes soon after the recording starts.  I swear I saved that message
somewhere because I have a lot of those (thanks to Comcast and my
firewire recordings) but I'll be dipped if I can find it.  I've searched
the archives, too, with no luck.  I could probably figure it our from
the dd man page, but thought I'd ask for a re-post of that info since
it's a tried and tested method.  Thanks,

Dave D.