[mythtv-users] Conflict between mythtv-libs and mythffmpeg packages on Fedora

Dave Ulrick d-ulrick at comcast.net
Mon Jun 22 20:05:51 UTC 2020

On 5/31/20 12:31 PM, John Pilkington wrote:

> If you don't want to wait, you could probably upgrade a fully updated
> Fedora 30 system using --allowerasing and --skip-broken, ignoring any
> complaints about MythTV.  Then, with a Fedora 31 system that boots
> reliably, enable rpmfusion-testing and update MythTV.  But YMMV...

Update: I'd been experiencing the same issue as the original poster:

Error: Transaction test error:
   file /usr/lib64/libmythavutil.so.56 conflicts between attempted
installs of mythtv-libs-30.0-12.20190904git5cde0578d8.fc31.x86_64 and
mythffmpeg-31.0-1.fc31.x86_64

Today I made another attempt to run dnf system-upgrade download
--refresh --releasever=31...it failed with the same error. Then I
discovered that it was pulling mythffmpeg from rpmfusion-free-updates
versus rpmfusion-free for all other myth* packages. I disabled
rpmfusion-free-updates and ran dnf system-upgrade...success!

New issue, though: all recordings I've tried playing back with
mythfrontend play at something like double speed with no audio. Never
seen that one before...

Dave