[mythtv-users] New IP address not used by Database

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 20:50:22 UTC 2020

Hi Folks!

Got a new router and so all of my LAN addresses had to be changed from
192.168.0.x to 192.168.4.x. Was able to change the static address of my
Backend (Ubuntu 18.04, MythTV v. 30, MariaDB. Changed the config.xml to
the new address without problem, and can access the machine via the
webpage (192.168.4.3:6544). The problem is the database won’t stay
updated. Takes at least five minutes to get to the GUI (even using
mythtv-setup.real), I can change the database address to the desired
192.168.4.3, save and close. Run mythfilldatabase and it gives errors
and as it’s already looking at the old 192.168.0.3 address.

(Stephen Worthington: I did update your routine to look to ascertain the
network was up.)

Subquestion: A while back there was a thread to post to the website and
not this e-mailed forum. What’s the site?? I found the Gossamer Threads
repost but not the original. Thanks!

TIA

Barry