[mythtv-users] Debugging mythexternrecorder - any guidance?

OpenMedia Support support at openmedia.co.nz
Tue Jun 16 02:50:38 UTC 2020

>> On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 11:16 AM John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Hi Steven,
>>>
>>> It has been a while since I used mythexternrecorder with that kind of
>>> configuration. I just tried it and am getting similar results to you. I
>>> will look into it and hopefully get it fixed soon.
>>>

>> I believe I have this fixed in master. I will push it to fixes/31
>> tomorrow.
>> Then you can leave the TUNER/command empty and it will correctly replace
>> the %USR% in the RECORDER/command to  "tune" the channel. Channel
>> scanning
>> in mythtv-setup should work as well.
>>
>> John
>
> Hi John.
>
> Thanks for the fix. I'll take a look when you push to fixes/31 as I'm not
> in a position to test against master at present.

Hi John

Thanks for all of the assistance. I've now tested the extern support with
both VLC and youtube-dl and "almost" everything is working.

With some of the streams vlc gets a bit confused as the IPTV stream rate
adapts, and I loose audio. youtube-dl appears to be a lot more reliable at
this stage.

The one remaining issue is mapping a xmltv EPV source onto the external
tuners, which I'll kick off in a new thread.