[mythtv-users] frontend address

Klaus Becker colonius47 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:11:55 UTC 2020

Le 12/06/2020 à 20:42, Stephen Worthington a écrit :
> On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 20:14:09 +0200, you wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed the Android application "Remote for MythTV" for remote
>> control of MythTV. It asks me for the MythTV frontend address.
>>
>> I tried 127.0.0.1 and the external address, given by "ifconfig -a". But
>> for both, the application cannot find it.
>>
>> How to find the correct address ?
>>
>> I use DHCP, do I need a static ip address ?
>
> Have you enabled the remote control port on mythfrontend?
>
> mythfrontend > Setup > General > Remote Control > Enable Network
> Remote Control Interface

Hi again,

I enabled remote control port on mythfrontend, but I did not think about
a very basic condition: I use a desktop computer without wireless card,
so it cannot work. Right?

I shall try again with a laptop with wireless card.

Or can it work with the external ip address when the smartphone is
connected to pc by cable ? I shall try anyway.

Klaus