[mythtv-users] mythtv user login password

George Bingham georgeb1962 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 01:52:12 UTC 2020

Hello All,

I have recently returned to mythtv after a few years! I've successfully
setup a new machine as a FE/BE and installed mythweb.

Everything works, but I am thinking that moving some of my video library to
the machine would be easier via scp and figured I'd use the mythtv userid
so I don't have to mess with ownership and permissions for the files, but I
don't know what the mythtv user password is, and figure I could change it,
but then I wondered if I'd be breaking things if I did that.

I can't think of anything that uses the mythtv password... but not sure
about that which I don't know, and / or can't remember.... Is the mythtv
user password used for anything??   Would it be safe for me to change it??
 Anyway to find out what it is? How was it set in the first place?

If it won't blow my installation up or if it only cause something that'd be
easy to fix, I'd like to go ahead and reset it to something that I can
remember. It would make moving things about a bit easier.

Thanks for your advice!

-- George