[mythtv-users] Can I setup xmltv before changing grabbers in mythtv-setup?

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:48:18 UTC 2020

I'm going through the command line setup steps and get these done
successfully for the first lineup:

 tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups --config-file $HOME/.mythtv/OTA.xmltv
 tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure --config-file $HOME/.mythtv/OTA.xmltv
 tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --days 0 --config-file $HOME/.mythtv/OTA.xmltv

It's populated with channels.

I then saved the python script and ran it and get an error

./xmltv_channel_selection --list --database
/home/mythtv/SchedulesDirect.DB --file /tmp/callsigns
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./xmltv_channel_selection", line 165, in <module>
    if main():
  File "./xmltv_channel_selection", line 159, in main
    return list_callsigns(args)
  File "./xmltv_channel_selection", line 92, in list_callsigns
    for row in cursor.execute('SELECT station,selected from channels'):
sqlite3.OperationalError: no such table: channels

Any suggestions?

For this lineup I ran the tedious channel selection and they are
selected, but for the Dish lineup, we get a small subset of the
available channels and it would be really tedious. In addition, I
don't want new channels to be added automatically with the Dish
lineup, as we don't subscribe to them. Do I select
2: Set future new or updated lineup channels as unselected
in manage channels or will the mythfilldatabase option
--omit-new-channels keep it from adding new channels.

When I create $HOME/.mythtv/DISH.xmltv do I use the same database at
/home/mythtv/SchedulesDirect.DB? Can those channels be in the same
database?

Regards,

Mark