[mythtv-users] Methods of view Mythtv recordings on new PC

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 12:05:50 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 5:54 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Unfortunately, I'm locked into software that only runs on either Mac or
> Windows, but my goal is to dual boot Windows and Ubuntu. I think I have an
> empty SSD slot inside the laptop, so that might be the way to do it. My
> Macs are too old but who can afford new Apple hardware.  So the Dell will
> satisfy my needs but I have some desires that I'd like to add.  When I
> travel I need to work on the road including managing mythtv.
>
> At the risk of digressing this conversation further, I am curious as to
what software this is?
Games, are the most common, and one I cannot entirely disagree with.

But other productivity software, I would contend could be run from a
virtual machine, within linux, interacting with the same Windows partition
you currently use on bare metal.

And once you consider that funky/whacky scenario, have you considered
looking into the Windows Subsystem for Linux, and just putting Ubuntu
inside of windows?

YMMV, but it might be an interesting dive into a rabbit hole of learning :)

Mike