[mythtv-users] MythTV jobs getting stuck

Martin Compton martinc at itrans.com
Sun Jun 7 00:13:48 UTC 2020

On 6/6/20 6:35 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 6/6/20 6:42 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
>> Not near my system right now but looked at the status page online and
>> noticed a long list of queued jobs. (System currently has two cores
>> and I limit the number of running jobs to 1)
>>
>> The box was stuck on a mythmetalookup job for a show that aired last
>> night. Occasionally I will see it get stuck one a commflag job. Maybe
>> it happens a couple of times a month. I don't know if this is a
>> feature request or something that could be handled by the OS, but is
>> it possible to check and see if certain MythTV processes have been
>> running for a ridiculously long time and just terminate them?
>>
> There may be a bug here - I suspect if it does not get a response to a
> request to a web site that it waits for a very long time. Probably
> some better checking in the metadata lookup job would help.

Getting stuck on metalookup happens a few times a month for me, using
Ubuntu 16.04 / MythTV 29.  It had been happening for years, but I blamed
it in part from being on a satellite Internet connection.  However, I'm
now on terrestrial Internet and still see the same problem.  I've never
seen anything in the logs to hint at the problem.  Restarting
mythtv-backend 'fixes' the job queue.