[mythtv-users] Two things: Completely disable CEC? Manually add channels?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 3 11:58:56 UTC 2020

On 06/03/2020 12:27 AM, DaveD wrote:
> Is there a way to completely disable CEC without having to add a
> switch on the command line?  Like a DB or config file setting? All
> I've found is the -O libCECEnabled=0

It's just a setting in mythfrontend's main general settings.  The -O
option is a settings override--saying, "I have the setting configured
the way I want, but in this _one_ instance, I want to turn it off."  If
you're using -O overrides frequently, it just means you've misconfigured
your MythTV system.

In settings:

Enable CEC Control interface
This enables controlling MythFrontend from a TV remote or powering the
TV on and off from a MythTV remote if you have compatible hardware.
These settings only take effect after a restart.

as well as, "Allow Power On TV," "Allow Power Off TV," "Power on TV At
Start," and "Power off TV At Exit."

Mike