[mythtv-users] Two things: Completely disable CEC? Manually add channels?

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Wed Jun 3 04:27:48 UTC 2020

Is there a way to completely disable CEC without having to add a switch
on the command line?  Like a DB or config file setting? All I've found
is the -O libCECEnabled=0, but I keep forgetting it (when I'm not using
a shortcut, alias or script) and turning off the TV while my wife is
watching a mystery, just when the bad guy is about to be exposed!  (my
frontend/backend has a console where I do this stuff and it's also
connected to the TV which has a cable STB she uses while I work)

The other thing I would like to do is manually add a channel. Scanning
for channels finds some channels with the antenna facing north and
others with it facing south.  Some channels work better with a preamp,
others are worse.  I've amassed a list of all the channels I CAN get
using scandvb in multiple configurations.  Is there a script that could
populate my database using those files? Or a way to tell Myth to scan
again without deleting existing channels?

Dave D.