[mythtv-users] HDPVR intermittent failure

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 23:16:32 UTC 2020

> At any rate, I just tried pushing a 16.04 version to launchpad and it took
> it.  Unfortunately, it's unable to build due to the xxd dependency not
> being available in Xenial.  If I get bored, I may configure pbuilder
> for xenial and try to hunt down a ppa to link into the build to resolve the
> dependency.  If anyone else has solved the dependency issues for Xenial or
> has created a patch file to patch the code (again for xenial) let me know
> as copying someone else's work will get me to a working solution faster.

Well, I got through the dependency issues and even a debbuilder version
snag then got stymied by a compile error (the same one that kicked off
Steve's upgrade adventure).  Unfortunately, this means you really need a
Xenial system to sort out  how to get the drivers to compile and generate
the .dsc file necessary to automate the build with launchpad.

If anyone does sort out the required dependencies and gets this to build
(in Xenial), please post your build adventure to the mailing list (...and
if you choose to your .dsc file from debuild...).  With that info I can
probably get a version posted to my ppa.