[mythtv-users] mythtv XMLTV wiki instructions

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 22:17:30 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 6:06 PM Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> ------------------------------

haven't studied it in a while since I just go to the section on installing
XMLTV and then the section on the tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite grabber setup.
Once I realized the key was to do those commands as user 'mythtv' I always
did my standard switching users as sudo su mythtv. BTW, I make sure user
mythtv has the bash shell as it's default so you can see the user and
current directory before the $ on every command.  My first steps anytime
I've just switched users is to; 'whoami' and 'pwd' to make sure.  I'm the
guy who did del *.* in CPU back in the '80 from root and learned to triple
check where I am and who I am before anything important. When you are as
old as I am you really have to do that :-)

Jim A