[mythtv-users] Help, I've screwed up mythfrontend and Leanfront on my FireTV

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 09:35:46 UTC 2020

On 7/29/20 10:19 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 19:13:47 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> Yesterday my FireTV worked great on mythfrontend and leanfront. Today,
>> big issues.
>>
>> Here's what has changed. We were mainly using mythtv for watching
>> recording late so we could skip commercials. There are no new network
>> shows, so we've seen everything recorded on mythtv over the past months
>> and deleted them. So nothing on the system. Anything we wanted to keep
>> got transcoded to m4v files and moved to a NAS that the mythtv Video
>> Storage Group lists , so we can watch the videos.
>>
>> So this was a good time to rebuild the backend from scratch. No saved
>> database; brand new installation. That went well and because the backend
>> name and IP is the same, things like Kodi and Leanfront can find them
>> just fine. I got all the PC based frontends up and running; no issues.
>> Kodi and Mythtv-frontend work perfectly for live TV, recordings and Videos.
>>
>> Next I got mythfrontend v31.0-79 working on the Shield TV and see no
>> issues once the database setting were fixed. But on Leanfront v0-172 I
>> can watch recording and videos, but LiveTV regardless of channel plays
>> one of my Video file from my NAS, same video no matter which channel.
> Playing the same video file all the time is characteristic of a demo
> tuner having been set up and pointed to that video file.

I'm guessing that's a backend setup thing you can do. I'm not aware of
it. It's also a problem I have on my traditional PC based frontends.
When I use mythfrontend on a PC or on my Shield TV they behave exactly
as they did before. I'm going to test a few tuner specific settings and
do more testing today.

There's nothing to lose if I have to blow it all up and start again.
Part of my rebuild was to use a SSD for my boot drive. I forgot how
really fast those things are compared to Hard drives.

Jim A