[mythtv-users] HDPVR intermittent failure

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 04:10:43 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020, 5:03 PM DryHeat122 <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 3:34 PM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 6:32 PM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> After connecting to the repository and running the install, there is
>>>>

>>> That's strange.  Did apt give you any errors?  Also, what version of
>>> ubuntu did you land on?
>>>
>>>  What does the output of "dpkg-query -L hauppaugeusb" give you?
>>>

>> Here's what mine outputs:
>>
>> dpkg-query -L hauppaugeusb
>> /.
>> /opt
>> /opt/Hauppauge
>> /opt/Hauppauge/bin
>> /opt/Hauppauge/bin/hauppauge2
>> /opt/Hauppauge/etc
>> /opt/Hauppauge/etc/sample.conf
>> /opt/Hauppauge/firmware
>> /opt/Hauppauge/firmware/llama_usb_vx_host_slave_t22_24.bin
>> /opt/Hauppauge/firmware/mips_vx_host_slave.bin
>> /usr
>> /usr/share
>> /usr/share/doc
>> /usr/share/doc/hauppaugeusb
>> /usr/share/doc/hauppaugeusb/changelog.gz
>> /usr/share/doc/hauppaugeusb/copyright
>>

> It said not installed, so I installed the package again, and now /opt is
> there.  Maybe I accidentally skipped the install step.  Sorry for the
> noise!

Just to report...I was sitting here watching a recorded program on Myth,
when I saw an unfamiliar flash over by the equipment. It was HDPVR2 firing
up to record something.  Unfortunately I don't yet have a channel change
solution (my FireWire seems to have crapped out) but at least the recorder
looks to be in good working order.  Thank you all so much for the input and
especially John P for writing then sharing his software.