[mythtv-users] How does Myth 31 handle HDHomeRun devices with multiple tuners?

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 28 18:20:04 UTC 2020

On 7/28/20 10:20 AM, Mike Bibbings wrote:
> On 28/07/2020 18:06, DryHeat122 wrote:
>> I just got a new Myth 31 built and working with an HDHR Connect Duo.
>> On my previous 0.28 install, I had to install separate capture cards
>> for the second tuner.  When I tried this in 31, setup couldn't find
>> the second device.  Does Myth now manage multiple tuners through one
>> capture card configuration?

> A Capture Card per input is required.
>
> See
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Scanning#Scanning_with_HDHomeRun_tuners
>

> Mike

I will likely encounter this issue myself in the future, but I'm not
there yet.  I also am currently using 0.28 with three 2-tuner HD
Homeruns.  My configuration currently has each of the 6 tuners connected
to its own input (6 inputs).  Three of the tuners are connected to one
antenna and the other three connected to a second antenna.  This allows
me to adjust which channels are receivable for each input.  Will the new
pooling method allow this usage? Note that each tuner in each HDHR is
treated independently of the other tuner in the same HDHR (they each
have their own antenna coaxial connector).

Jay