[mythtv-users] How does Myth 31 handle HDHomeRun devices with multiple tuners?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 17:51:40 UTC 2020

On 7/28/20 1:06 PM, DryHeat122 wrote:
> I just got a new Myth 31 built and working with an HDHR Connect Duo.
> On my previous 0.28 install, I had to install separate capture cards
> for the second tuner.  When I tried this in 31, setup couldn't find
> the second device.  Does Myth now manage multiple tuners through one
> capture card configuration?

In mythtv-setup -> Capture Card you will add 2 tuners for a HDHR Connect
Duo. Each entry will be the same. Select HDHR as the type of tuner and
click the box for the IP and id number of the one it finds. You may or
may not want to disable the active EIT use which keeps that tuner from
being used by anyone else, like an iPad.

The second tuner will be added exactly the same.  Then when your Video
source configured, usually outside of mythtv, you'll move on to Input
Connections. You'll have 2 to fill out. Only need to run scan on the
first.  You may or may not want to change the max recordings in the
Interaction between tuners.

Jim A