[mythtv-users] XMLTV setup can't run mythtv-setup as user mythtv

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:41:02 UTC 2020

On 7/27/20 10:02 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> On 7/27/20 10:44 AM, DryHeat122 wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 7:16 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com <mailto:keemllib at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     I didn't do that and put everything in SchedulesDirect.DB. Truth be told, if I can carve
>>     out some time, I always meant to do it the way you did.
>>

>> I don't get how you did that.  When I tried using the same DB name for the second grabber, it overwrote the DB rather than appending.  TBH
>> that seems like a better solution to have just one DB, but I will try it like you suggested with different DB names if that's a solution.

Unfortunately, I didn't save the complete terminal session from when I did the setup.

Originally, you followed the Wiki exactly and ended up with two DBs.

Best guess is that if only one DB is used, then the 1st step that
initialized the DB should be omitted. I think the Wiki method
should stand.

--
Bill