[mythtv-users] Backend DB migration--replace or just restore?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 19:36:34 UTC 2020

On 7/25/20 2:26 PM, DryHeat122 wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 12:11 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com <mailto:keemllib at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 7/25/20 2:03 PM, DryHeat122 wrote:
>      > sudo updatedb && locate -b "\config.xml
>
>     But did the above return anything other than the one in ~mythtv/.mythtv ?
>     Probably will be one in /usr/share too, but that's used during
>     installation.
>
>     --
>     Bill
>
> Yes there are config.xml files in /etc/mythtv, /home/mythtv/.mythtv,/home/steve/.mythtv, and /usr/share/mythtv.  This is not good, it take it.
> Maybe it's why I can't run mythtv-setup as user mythtv (in order to set up xmltv), something I just posted another thread about.

That's *perfect*, maybe. The entries in ~ and ~mythtv should be symbolic links to
the one in /etc/mythtv. I'm asking because it's common for one of those links to
be broken and be replaced by a file and I've never been able to find out why.

This please:

   ls -ld /etc/mythtv/config.xml {~,~mythtv}/.mythtv/config.xml

--
Bill