[mythtv-users] mythtv v31 slave backend help needed

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 21:52:26 UTC 2020

> The file count is actually just a count of the number of iicons to the
> right. If you scroll right you will likely find each show icon is
> displayed twice. Is it possible that these are being accessed in two
> ways? Perhaps the directory is shared and accessed by your slave as
> well as by the master? I see samba is mentioned above, perhaps that
> samba directory is in both the master and slave setup.
>
> If that is the case it looks like mythfrontend has some sort of
> duplicate elimination method built in but the api does not.  If so I
> can build that into leanfront or fix the api.

So the mythtv master backend is also a NAS for the house and does has
NFS and CIFS/Samba servers running. This is so any device in the house
can see those videos on the network. The Shield TV (Android) had
mythtv-frontend, Leanfront, and Kodi. I know Kodi can see those Videos
on the backend with just the network and not anything to do with
Mythtv.  I just put the Video and Music Storage groups in to point to
already existing directories that were networked around the house for
Kodi. Using Music and Videos on mythtv is relatively new for me so it
was added recently. I'm not a fan of the way Kodi does playlist so I was
looking into Mythtv's music option. I'm always playing with something.

The remote/slave backend has nothing mounted as far as networking is
concerned. So it can't see the Videos on the Master backend, as far as I
know.

Jim A