[mythtv-users] mythtv v31 slave backend help needed

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:12:42 UTC 2020

On 7/20/20 9:25 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

>> When I look at my leanfront screen at the top level I see a list of
>> items along the left of:
>> All, Default, LiveTV, and Videos.
>>
>> When I select Videos now I see a list of items along the left of:
>> Folder symbol with no title, Folder symbol with title "The Big Bang
>> Theory", and folder symbol with title "Hogan's Heroes"
>> The two folders with names are from
>> /mnt/md1/samba/public/media/tv-shows/  and the titles are sub-folders
>>
>> The blank folder are videos from either remote backend
>> /srv/mythtv/videos or master backend /mnt/md1/samba/public/media/test
>> videos/
>>
>> Note the space between "test videos"
>>
>> One more note. The file counts under the folders is interesting.  The
>> blank named folder has 6, and if you move the cursor over and count
>> you do have 6 so that's correct.  The Folder named The Big Bang
>> Theory has 172 with agrees with what Windows says using file explorer
>> which also mounts that directory.
>>
>> However, the folder named Hogan's Heroes says 336 files but there are
>> 168 files in that directory.
>>
>> Jim A
>

> Peter,
>
> more testing on the folder name issue.  Noticing that in my Videos ->
> TV Shows directory I had another directory for each show, I duplicated
> that for test videos. Now I have a directory structure like: test
> videos/Various Videos.
>
> So now Leanfront -> Videos show one folder for each TV show as it did
> before but now there is a Various Videos directory with all my test
> videos.
>
> There is still a blank folder on the left side, but that only contains
> the videos from my remote/slave backend videos directory.

The blank folder name should contain files in the root of your videos
directory structure, i.e. not in a subdirectory under videos.

> The file count is still off on Hogan's Heroes directory: 168 files
> Leanfront count is 336, which is double.  I know 168 is because all
> Hogan's Heroes fans know there where 168 episodes recorded back in the
> 60's. Also Ubuntu's properties displays 168 for items in the folder.

The file count is actually just a count of the number of iicons to the
right. If you scroll right you will likely find each show icon is
displayed twice. Is it possible that these are being accessed in two
ways? Perhaps the directory is shared and accessed by your slave as well
as by the master? I see samba is mentioned above, perhaps that samba
directory is in both the master and slave setup.

If that is the case it looks like mythfrontend has some sort of
duplicate elimination method built in but the api does not.  If so I can
build that into leanfront or fix the api.