[mythtv-users] v31 - MacOS Playback - Quarter Screen Issue on Retina - Resolved

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 01:47:53 UTC 2020

On 7/19/20 3:45 PM, John Hoyt wrote:
>         Thanks again for your help!  Hopefully this troubleshooting exercise ultimately results in the ability to build the app with all
>         dependencies included-
>

> Steve, thanks for the update - this confirms that the python install is the culprit (thank you to Bill as well as I never would have stumbled on
> this without you suggesting the library paths).
>
> Still banging my head against the python deployment problem and have run out of ideas.  It may just be a reality that users who want working
> python bindings may have to install the necessary support packages via macports.  This is what happens in Ubuntu (i.e. apt installs all of the
> appropriate python goodies), I was just hoping to get them inserted and running in the application somehow...

Fish out of water here, but the Ansible task:

- name: install packages
   become: yes
   become_user: root
   become_method: sudo
   macports:
     name:
       '{{ lookup("flattened", macports_pkg_list) }}'
     update_cache: yes

uses the macports command to install the packages. I don't know why they're not
going to the proper place.

You could run ansible with -vvv and look through (the very large) output
to see it it makes sense.

--
Bill