[mythtv-users] v31 - MacOS Playback - Quarter Screen Issue on Retina - Resolved

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Jul 20 00:23:46 UTC 2020

> On Jul 19, 2020, at 4:45 PM, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks again for your help!  Hopefully this troubleshooting exercise ultimately results in the ability to build the app with all dependencies included-
>
> Steve, thanks for the update - this confirms that the python install is the culprit (thank you to Bill as well as I never would have stumbled on this without you suggesting the library paths).
>
> Still banging my head against the python deployment problem and have run out of ideas.  It may just be a reality that users who want working python bindings may have to install the necessary support packages via macports.  This is what happens in Ubuntu (i.e. apt installs all of the appropriate python goodies), I was just hoping to get them inserted and running in the application somehow…

I’m not really familiar with how it the python bindings should work in the bundled app*…but around 2014, one of the devs modified the official packaging script to make them functional.  Perhaps you can glean something from his commit:

https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/e44052360ea268d0cf927897140e6e06134391ae#diff-6d1353539e2de6c424680420280cc319

Craig
*This was one of the key reasons I only pursued installing Myth in the ‘linux’ fashion.  Prior to the above commit, I didn’t think it was possible to make the bindings work.