[mythtv-users] v31 - MacOS Playback - Quarter Screen Issue on Retina - Resolved

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 23:13:22 UTC 2020

After digging into the python .so files deeper, it looks like my current
build process has the python related .so files looking into /opt/local for
any additional support libraries.  This explains why James and I are able
to get the metadata grabbers working as we've used the build script which
installs everything necessary.

I've just tried copying those support libraries into the app and linking
them but unfortunately doing so broke all metadata grabbers in the
process.  I'm going to try to keep hacking at this another day with
fresh eyes.

Stev, in the meantime, the current best way to get metadata grabbers
working is to install the necessary python pieces via macports.  The
following command should do the trick:

sudo port install py38-future py38-requests py38-requests-cache py38-lxml
py38-oauthlib py38-curl py38-simplejson py38-wheel py38-pip py38-pymysql
py38-mysqlclient

I'll add a note to the sourceforge page.