[mythtv-users] mythtv v31 slave backend help needed

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 22:36:22 UTC 2020

I have a remote v31 backend with a PCIe tuner card running on Ubuntu
18.04 with mariadb-server.

I'd like to add a v31 slave backend running on a RPi4 using a HDHR
quatro tuner.

Is there a guide on how to set this up? I know how to setup the RPi4 as
a v31 remote backend, just not sure as to how to make it a slave off of
my master. I see one setting in mythtv-setup -> General that has a check
box for master or slave. There has to be more than that?

1. Will the slave use the maradb on the Master?

2. Will all frontends see the recordings/ EPG on both the master and slave?

Any help would be appreciated. I didn't find much using google and what
I did was many versions old.

Jim A