[mythtv-users] v31 - MacOS Playback - Quarter Screen Issue on Retina - Resolved

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 22:23:34 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 8:34 AM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just following up on the python issues - I've verified that everything
> internal to the application appears correct and the appropriate files are
> set executable.
>
> You absolutely need to have python3 of some sort (preferably 3.8 which I
> am building with) installed and located or symlinked to
> /opt/local/bin/python3.8
>
> To anyone having issues after verifying that python3 is installed and/or
> symlinked, please run these commands to help me troubleshoot (note you'll
> have correct APP_PATH to where your application is stored)
>
> APP_PATH=/Applications/Mythfrontend.app
>
> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_PATH/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/site-packages
>
> $APP_PATH/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -t
>
> $APP_PATH/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -t

Steve - I may have figured out your metadata grabber issue.  The app bundle
was missing the mysqlclient pieces.  I've now copied them into the latest
build.  Please test when you get a chance and if that fails, send me the
output of the debug commands from my last email (above).

James - still no OSD fix, but Mark has an idea what the problem is.