[mythtv-users] storage drives unmountion

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 10:54:37 UTC 2020

Last summer, when OTA recordings declined, I used Kodi more frequently. I
replaced every component suspecting a hardware failure. After some serious
head knocking I figured my drives were becoming corrupt due to some
imported recordings from my daughter's failing windows laptop. Things
settled down and a new season of OTA recordings proved my theory, I
thought. This summer, as kodi usage increased I would see crawling messages
indicating that a drive had been successfully unmounted. I guess I was
wrong, so I bought an Android TV box for Kodi, suspecting tha Kodi didn't
play nice with Mythtv.
Now I see Chewit's post, from this:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=297545 article and I'm wondering
if my drives were corrupted last year because Kodi unmounted them during
recordings, because they had "labels" storage1,2, or 3. Has anyone else had
problems using kodi and Mythtv on the same box with labeled recordings
storage space?  TIA  Daryl

last year Ubuntu 18.04 and myth 0.29, this year Ubuntu 20.04 and myth 31,
same labeling system throughout.